Went to Laksa King again for dinner. It's only 1 stop away from a train station not too far from our place.
Tried their Assam Laksa. It was mehh, not impressive if you've tasted authentic Penang assam laksa (in Penang itself obviously). Flavour was alright but just not as good. I think they're better at their regular Laksa(s). Teh tarik was as always, fantastic. Wk had the Tomato Spare Ribs on Fried Rice and zomg it's SO good. It's such a simple dish with simple ingredients but the taste is super satisfying. Every spoon tastes like wok on flaming heat... if you know what I mean. The fried rice tasted exactly like from 'tai chao' and it goes so damn well with the tomato sauce. Highly recommend this. The next time I go to Laksa King I'll be sure to order myself a bowl of this goodness. And I'd love to try their Ais Kacang, saw a couple of orders and it looked so good!
Pappa Rich is opened in the city today, it took over Oldtown Kopitiam Mamak which didn't last very long. We're planning to drop by. Yesterday we were googling it just to see if they're opened yet and we saw their page on Urbanspoon and I even saw a review and ratings but the thing is it's written there Pappa Rich will only be opened on the 12th which is the day after (today), so how come there's a review and ratings when it's not even opened yet? And to add to the fishiness, the review is a positive one and apparently 5 voted and 100% like it.
Anyway, today Maggie went there and she said it's not impressive. I went back to Urbanspoon and check and guess what? 11 have voted, and only 45% like it! Which means nobody likes it! It's so obvious the previous voters are fake voters. There's a new review, it's not a very positive one, and 1 person actually agreed to that review lol.
Anyhow, we're going to drop by just because we're typical people like that, we like to join the crowd =P
Oh btw, it's Labour Day here in Victoria today so we're chillin' at home, taking our sweet time doing nothing. Btw I just remembered Labour Day is called Hari Buruh in Malaysia! Hahahah saying it now sounds a bit funny.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment