Going organic

on
Thursday, December 12, 2013

I have concluded that organic raspberries/blackberries are hands down the MOST expensive fruit in the world. To me anyway. At $9.90, you only get 1 cup of raspberries which will be done in 2 servings. That's almost $5 a pop, which is enough to buy you a decent serving meal. 

Sigh. Why is eating healthy so expensive.

Finally the stone fruits are in season. Peaches and nectarines are my favourite. And yes, those are organic too. There are certain fruits and veggies that you should eat organic, according to sources I read online. Not sure of its credibility but if there are a million websites saying so, then I guess it's somewhat true. Which makes sense anyway. If you eat the peel of the fruit, wouldn't you want to make sure you're not eating pesticide residue? And let's be real, even if you rinse your fruit you won't know what's left behind.

So stone fruits, berries and apples are some of the things which are recommended to be eaten organic. If it comes with thick skin which you will remove and throw away (eg. avocado, banana, grapefruit), you don't have to go organic. You can, if you're feeling rich. Hahah.

That being said, eating fruits (organic or not) is better than eating none. It's not as though you'll die the next day if you eat a non-organic apple anyway.

Random post because I wanted to post this picture taken with my new camera heheh. Loving how I didn't have to edit the picture at all apart from reducing its file size. Colour and exposure are spot on.


Be First to Post Comment !