Hd selfie ftw! Lol.
I haven't actually worn eyeshadow in months! The last time I had eyeshadow was probably in June when we were out for a fancy dinner for our anniversary. Mmm not bad I haven't forgotten my skills wtf.
So on the day before my birthday I booked for a night's stay at the Langham Hotel, the hotel where the spa I work at is located. I got a complimentary night+breakfast as a reward for working hard :)
Upon checking in we were greeted with this:
A welcoming message on the tv, how appropriate!
More pictures of the room later. We dropped our stuff and headed straight to Nobu for dinner.
For drinks I had a mocktail which is so insignificant it's not in their website menu haha.
I don't like alcohol but for the sake of something fancy to celebrate the night I ordered this. Can't remember the name, it's the first one on the mocktail list and it's got lime, lychee and... that's all I remember. Tastes pretty good.
We started off with 3 cold dishes.
Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeno
Scallop Tiradito
The name of this scampi dish isn't the one that's in their website and I don't remember what it's called but this was really delicious. It's our favourite out of all 3 cold dishes but generally, all cold dishes were really good. The seafood were really fresh, presentation and flavour were spot on.
Then came the 2 hot dishes.
Black Cod Miso
This is one of Nobu's signature dish and it is SO. GODDAMN. GOOD period. Oh that spear thingie is pickled ginger shoot I believe.
The moment we took our first bite we literally looked up at each other in complete awe I'm not joking. Hahah ok I may have exaggerated but this was easily our favourite dish. We kind of regretted not ordering 1 each, instead of sharing. I would definitely go back to Nobu for this.
Again, this isn't in their website's menu. It's a dish with duck breast. It was alright, nothing to shout about.
Towards the end we thought since they're pretty well-known for their sushi we might as well try it too. This was their maki with spicy toro filling. Quite delicious. The maki is rolled with a thin sheet of daikon, talk about crazy knife skills.
Then it was time for dessert.
Nobu tasting plate
These were basically miniature versions of the desserts they had on that day. We were told to start eating from the bun (far right) and move our way towards the palate cleanser (far left). I found it odd at first to be actually directed the way to eat a dessert platter (usually people just dig in!) but it totally made sense! You start with the heavy chocolatey goodness, followed by a light cake, slowly move your way to a more refreshing fruity mix and finish with a palate cleanser (in a spoon) to end the meal. So clever!
Oops sorry I forgot to rotate this photo. I saw there was a white sesame panna cotta in the menu and I was hoping that it would be included in the tasting plate (I love sesame if you didn't already know) but it wasn't. So of course I had to order it.
Let's just say if I could turn back time I wouldn't have done it lol. The tasting plate itself was a really good end to the meal and this panna cotta isn't the best thing in the world so it sort of ruined the experience a little.
Haih who ask me so tamjiak lol.
Ok now back to the hotel.
Hee :)
OPI Langham Pink
I was forbidden to post his handsome face lol. He was checking his teeth in the mirror and was sort of cleaning it and umm... it's not the most attractive expression hahahaha.
The bathroom/toilet is probably my favourite part of the room, so lavish! The entire area has marble finish, feels so atas man lol.
If I knew there was going to be a bathtub I would have bought some bath bombs T_T such a waste!
MASSIVE mirror by the sink.
MASSIVE mirror by the bath tub.
Full length mirror by the door.
Mirrors everywhere! Every girl's best toilet seriously.
There's also a mirror by the mini bar area (left). And the mini bar is so damn well stocked. There's more alcohol than anything. They even have condoms and tampons wtf.
We got upgraded to a river-view room because it wasn't really busy.
"Melbourne is renowned for experiencing four seasons in one day. Delight in our city of surprises."
Word.
Can you tell I was trying really hard not to laugh while I posed for this photo?? Hahahaha
To be honest I was really pleasantly surprised. I didn't expect to get such a nice room since it's complimentary. And maybe I haven't stayed in a 5 star hotel for a long time that's why so suaku lol.
There's a pretty good selection of food for the breakfast spread. Not shown here are the cereal, muesli, dried fruits and nuts, juice, milk, toast and spreads. There's also bacon, baked eggs, baked tomatoes, croissant, yogurt etc.
You can ask for your eggs to be cooked however you like. I saw some hollandaise sauce and decided to make eggs Benedict!
Natural honey, anyone? The honey from this supposedly natural honeycomb is sweet (duh), super thick and sticky. The honeycomb tastes like wax wtf.
While this may seem really fancy, who on earth has chocolate fondue and ice cream for breakfast?? NO, no kids should be allowed all these for breakfast because they go freaking crazy from all the sugar.
Last picture before we headed to the spa!
So we went to the spa (where I work at) for a massage for myself (from my lovely colleague) and a facial for Wk. Hahahaha I know, facial for Wk, sounds silly but he'd rather have that than massage.
Be First to Post Comment !
Hi Eevon,
I've been following your blog for quite some time now.
I had a crush on you long time ago, since like 3, 4 years ago upon stumbling your blog. Little that I know you too were from UM.
Anyway, glad to hear you settled down well in Aussie.
Keep us posted on your wedding date =)
Your secret admirer.
Mr Not Perfect
Wow, I don't know what to say. Small world I guess? Haha!
I sure will :)
Post a Comment