I have way more important/productive things to do (such as unpacking my luggage and clearing up the mess in my room) than to blog but if I don't do this now I think I will definitely forget the details.
So Wk and I were back in Malaysia for 2 weeks early January. The main reason I was back was to attend Maggie's wedding.
Will post more pictures of the wedding when the professional pictures are up for stealing in her Facebook heheh.
So the wedding was on Saturday. On Sunday, Wk decided to drop by and visit our old secondary school.
Don't know if I've mentioned this but Wk and I were both from the same secondary school. During Form 3 we were actually in the same class, but we only got to know each other more in Form 4 through ICQ (if you know what this is, ^5).
Anyway, it wasn't like a random spur of the moment thing that he wanted to go back to the school. He was driving his younger brother to/from school one day (the same school we went to) and he casually mentioned that he'd like to go back and have a look when we both are free. At that time the idea didn't sound weird to me because it seemed quite normal to want to go back to your old school and reminisce the old days.
I only started to smell something fishy when one day we were on the phone, he was being very firm that we would go back to school in the morning of Sunday, go shopping after and then Troika at night. I asked him what's Troika. He told me what it was but I forgot wtf lol. I think it was something to do with architecture or whatever. All I know is it's a commercial building with restaurants/bars and whatnot and he said he wanted to go have a look and even mentioned "There's fine dining there".
Here's the thing, I'm not really a fine dining type of person unless there's a special occasion, no other person would know this better but him. Plus he was being quite determined about going back to school when I on the other hand was a little not keen because I wasn't bothered to hahaha. Haiyah school only maaaa.
Usually he would go with however I feel about a plan. If I was not interested, he would not press me into it and if he really wanted to do it, he'd do it by himself. In short, I'm da boss wtf. This time he was really firm that he wanted to go back to school and he wanted ME to go with him.
Damn fishy lor!
I was taking a shower that morning and was thinking to myself, is he gonna freaking propose to me in school? Wtf. I brushed the thought away eventually because I couldn't figure out when he actually had time to buy the ring. We're together almost every single day, every single time... or so I thought.
So anyway when he came to pick me, I told him we sure cannot get into the school wan even though it's a Sunday and there's no students there. The guards sure won't let us in. When we arrived, he spoke to the guards and surprise surprise, they let us in. LOL.
Oh when he came to pick me and I got into the car, I saw his brother's dslr camera bag. Previously he specifically reminded me to bring my dslr (I don't have a bag for it), a few times some more! I asked him what the bag was for and he said it's to keep the camera inside in case the guards won't let us in when they see us holding a dslr (like media or something). I didn't think of anything and said oh ok. Now thinking back, isn't it Captain Obvious that it's a dslr in a dslr bag??? LOL.
So we walked around everywhere, looked for our classrooms. We tried to get inside but most of them were locked. Luckily there was one block that wasn't locked, so we managed to get inside our old Form 3 class. He asked me where I sat last time and told me to sit down, and started talking about the past for about 10 minutes.
I got bored and stood up when he said "SIT DOWN" Hahahahahahaha.
Ok... so I sat down. Fishy level x10000000 can.
And then he started asking me, "It's been more than 11 years now. Have you regretted ah?" and etc.
Yes, more than 11 years. I sometimes, ok maybe many many times... tell him "I'm going to be a 'lou gu po' (spinster) already". Yes I know sounds like I damn 'han gah' (eager to be married) but isn't it about damn time already?? Lol. Everytime I say that he will tell me I won't be and to be patient if I want to be surprised. What can I say, right??
Ok so back to the classroom. He was talking about how long it has been and yadda yadda and how he would look at me from his seat like a secret admirer and all that geli stuff hahahaha. In my mind I was like "Haha yah whatever" LOL cos I was bored wtf. At that point I completely forgot about the fishiness of the situation and was actually thinking of what I needed to buy when we go shopping later wtf.
And I don't know when, he took out and presented me a dark blue box, opened, with a diamond ring sitting inside and said to me,
"Don't be lou gu po la, be my lou po (wife) la"
And my first reaction was "Are you seriously doing this here???"
I know it's quite a stupid reaction but my mind still couldn't register what was happening. After it did, I said "Ok!" wtf lol.
THE END!
When we were in the class just moments before he took the ring out a Malay lady who works in the school actually came into the class to check who we were and why we were there. Imagine she come up when he was in the middle of proposing! Damn awkward maximus!!!
So the camera bag was there to hide the ring box :) I think even if I were to carry that bag that day I wouldn't know the ring box was inside hahahahah.
If there's an award for being blur, I think there would only be one nominee and one winner wtf.
He actually got the ring on the Monday we flew back to Malaysia!!! That morning we both went out to the city to run errands of our own so we were doing our own thing. He said he needed to get back to office to get some things done (it happens all the time, having to go back to office even on a holiday/weekend) so obviously I didn't suspect anything, and that was when he went and got the ring. When we met before going back home together he was carrying a shopping bag and I did ask him what was that and he said some office documents, which again, I did not suspect! The ring was of course inside.
When we got home after packing our luggage, we had some free time so I wanted to go out for a run. He said he can't run as long as I can so he'd join me 15 minutes later. I knew he's memang lousy like that so again I didn't suspect anything and said ok. While I was running, he packed the ring into a little pouch so he could carry it in his pocket so when we were out to the airport, in the plane, on the way to our homes in Malaysia, the ring was in his pocket ALL THE TIME.
The ring box was in a white paper bag, which was in one of his carry-on luggage, which I OPENED ONCE to put my perfume inside but I completely overlooked it. Even I'm amazed by my ignorance.
What surprised me most was how he has planned to get this ring since early 2013, and he has been to the jeweler many many times and has all these catalogs, quotations and booklets of engagement ring designs sitting inside his bedside table's drawer ALL THESE WHILE and I had absolutely no clue about it.
In December I started looking at engagement rings (yes to mildly pressure him lol) and told him what I like and even tried to 'educate' him about engagement rings from my brief research. By then he was actually secretly an engagement ring expert already from all the visits he's paid to the jeweler and researches he's done! Once, I even unknowingly mispronounced the term "Paved" which he knew my pronunciation was wrong but he couldn't correct me at that time because he had to act like an engagement ring idiot hahahaha. FYI, it's pronounced as PAH-VAY. Not PEI-VD.
So I was the engagement ring idiot!
Anyway, if you've read up until here, COME I CLAP FOR YOU!
Seriously you must have nothing better to do to read through the entire thing. But thank you for reading :D
Ok now here is the ring for all you kaypoh people. A proposal post wouldn't be a proposal post without a picture of the ring, ok? If I was reading someone's proposal post for the past 10 minutes I would be damn pissed off la if there's no pictures.
So the plan to go to Troika was a back up plan just in case we couldn't get into the school haha. I'm glad we did get into the school because personally I very much preferred it happening in school than in some fine dining restaurant. It's where I grew up, it's where I met some of the most important people in my life including the one I'm going to be spending my life with. I can't think of a better place for it to happen.
It wasn't a romantic proposal or anything. No flowers or balloons, he didn't even get down on one knee! But I really like how intimately it happened. There was no one else but us, back where we first started. No awkward stares or hoo haa from strangers. Just an old place which holds lots of memories. It was quiet and peaceful, as though the time stood still for us.
And you know what's the funniest moment? On Saturday (the day before) when Maggie did her bouquet toss, I GOT IT!!!
I hope in her pictures I won't look like some crazy woman trying to snatch the bouquet from all the other ladies lol. Apparently I literally RAN for the bouquet hahahah. To be honest I have no intention of 'running' after it wan lor, when the bouquet was in the air in that split second moment I could see all the other girls just stood still like a tree and somehow I had this feeling that the bouquet will land on the floor if they continued to stand still! So I stepped up and tried to reach for it lah you know, make the first move so the others will follow ma.
See see it landed in my hands =.=
My first and most precious Tiffany, not just the ring but the gift box as well. So pretty! But this wasn't the ring's box, this was the box for the ring's box wtf do I make sense. The ring box is a dark blue velvet material, and it's packed in their Tiffany Blue box. Actually quite mafan la so many boxes, I understand la this blue gift box is sort of their signature but they should have made the ring box in the Tiffany Blue colour. Who the hell gives engagement ring in a gift box right??
I look like crap here but never mind because I was/still am over the moon :D
So yes, we are finally engaged after over 11.5 years. To all of you who congratulated us, a very heartfelt thank you. Now, let's plan a wedding!
Be First to Post Comment !
Clap clap.. woo hooo... for the engagement and star school. Lol
congratulations babe! so happy for you! *throws confetti*
littlejosh, thank you! *bows
plue, thanks girl! xoxo
Post a Comment