So while I was back in Malaysia I decided to colour my hair. I didn't know what I wanted to do with it when I went there but I knew I HAD to do something cos I was getting really sick of it.
Actually when I saw this picture yesterday I suddenly miss my hair HAHAHA.
So I was basically bored of the length and colour. Before I went back to Malaysia I kept telling Wk "The next time I dye my hair it's going to be black!"
Well I'm such a big fat lying bitch lol. Can't help it ok, I'm just a very normal woman who cannot make up her mind.
I have this tendency to not make decisions until the very last minute. Ok maybe not even minute, the very last second. If we're out eating and everyone has decided what they would order and I haven't, I'll say yes I'm ready and only decide right when the waitress asks me what I want lol. Terror leh.
So there I was in the chair with Hikky beside me at Number 76 Style in Mont Kiara. I knew I wanted to cut and colour, but I dunno what. While I was flipping the colour chart, I decided I wanted to highlight it. Not only that, I decided to highlight it PINK. Dunno where that came from. And to match the pink highlights, I went with a pinky brown base for the rest of the hair.
I didn't know how short I wanted it to be, I saw her hair and it's about up to her shoulders so I told her "Cut like your length lah". And then she looked at it, she asked me you want about here (*points) or shorter? I looked at it, didn't seem like there's any difference to me lol so I say "Just make it short lah".
After 3 gruelling hours of sitting down and reading the same magazine 271854 times....

(Picture taken at home not in the salon cos I shy hehe)
I LOVED IT!!!
Such a great change to what I'm used to! I've never walked out of a salon feeling so damn confident ok? To me my fringe is the ultimate most important part of my hair - it makes or breaks my confidence. This time I told her I want to grow my fringe so she didn't really touch it. And she didn't cut my hair too short either, it's the perfect length! It's shorter than what I expected but I actually liked it! And the colour... just wow hahaha.
I was actually expecting light, pastel pink because I was really concerned that I couldn't go to work with pink hair. I even ask her many many times, like maaaaaaaany times "Its not going to be bright right?" x 8387625 times. When the guy painted the pink (which was really bright) I panicked a little and asked "It's not going to be this bright right???" lol.
So yes it's not bright but it's definitely not light! You can so see the pink and I was thinking to myself, "Shit. How to go to work??" Pink hair in a 5 star hotel? Sure, if you're staying in there not working there wtf.

This was taken a day after.
Basically what they did was (in the exact order):
1. Cut. I took about 6-7 inches off.
2. Highlights. Using a rat tail comb, the hair is carefully sectioned into a few small, thin pieces and then bleached. They are then wrapped in foil and left on while they colour the rest of the hair. This is probably the most laborious step out of the entire process. And by the end of it you'll look extra fabulous with all the pieces of foil sticking out of your head.
3. Colour. The rest of the hair that's not bleached is then coloured with the base colour I chose, which was a pinky brown.
4. Rinse and coloured highlights. After all the dye is being washed out, the pink is then applied to the bleached sections of the hair. I believe a special dye is used as it only adheres to the bleached hair and not the unbleached ones.
5. Rinse, touch up and blowdry.
This was definitely not cheap, but it was worth it for me because I loved it. If you've had your hair done and EVERYONE can see it (and not forgetting that few compliments you managed to fish), that's thumbs up, job well done and you've gotten your money's worth already.
The only thing I regretted was not doing a treatment. My hair was quite dry from all that bleaching. But the thought of sitting through another half to an hour scares me already. At the end of it I was starving and couldn't wait to get the hell out of that chair lol.
Now. I did my hair on the 8th of January. Here's how it looked like on 31st of January:
Here's how it looks like now, just brown with highlights which I still like.
If you're thinking of highlighting your hair with colour (not blonde highlights), you need to know one thing.
Anything on bleached hair will NEVER last. Ever.
You can probably get a way with 1-2 weeks max with whatever colour you put on top of your bleached hair. After that, it will fade into your original bleached colour which is blonde (with many variations depending on hair type). And this is even if you're using colour-protective shampoo/conditioner.
Eventhough it didn't last long, I loved it while it lasted.
Now... gotta grow out this hair cos Wk insisted I have longer and darker hair for our wedding wtf. Look who's the demanding one in a wedding now, it's not even him in a dress. Groomzilla wtf.
Actually when I saw this picture yesterday I suddenly miss my hair HAHAHA.
So I was basically bored of the length and colour. Before I went back to Malaysia I kept telling Wk "The next time I dye my hair it's going to be black!"
Well I'm such a big fat lying bitch lol. Can't help it ok, I'm just a very normal woman who cannot make up her mind.
I have this tendency to not make decisions until the very last minute. Ok maybe not even minute, the very last second. If we're out eating and everyone has decided what they would order and I haven't, I'll say yes I'm ready and only decide right when the waitress asks me what I want lol. Terror leh.
So there I was in the chair with Hikky beside me at Number 76 Style in Mont Kiara. I knew I wanted to cut and colour, but I dunno what. While I was flipping the colour chart, I decided I wanted to highlight it. Not only that, I decided to highlight it PINK. Dunno where that came from. And to match the pink highlights, I went with a pinky brown base for the rest of the hair.
I didn't know how short I wanted it to be, I saw her hair and it's about up to her shoulders so I told her "Cut like your length lah". And then she looked at it, she asked me you want about here (*points) or shorter? I looked at it, didn't seem like there's any difference to me lol so I say "Just make it short lah".
After 3 gruelling hours of sitting down and reading the same magazine 271854 times....
(Picture taken at home not in the salon cos I shy hehe)
I LOVED IT!!!
Such a great change to what I'm used to! I've never walked out of a salon feeling so damn confident ok? To me my fringe is the ultimate most important part of my hair - it makes or breaks my confidence. This time I told her I want to grow my fringe so she didn't really touch it. And she didn't cut my hair too short either, it's the perfect length! It's shorter than what I expected but I actually liked it! And the colour... just wow hahaha.
I was actually expecting light, pastel pink because I was really concerned that I couldn't go to work with pink hair. I even ask her many many times, like maaaaaaaany times "Its not going to be bright right?" x 8387625 times. When the guy painted the pink (which was really bright) I panicked a little and asked "It's not going to be this bright right???" lol.
So yes it's not bright but it's definitely not light! You can so see the pink and I was thinking to myself, "Shit. How to go to work??" Pink hair in a 5 star hotel? Sure, if you're staying in there not working there wtf.
But at the same time I really liked it! Otherwise I wouldn't have taken a gazillion pictures of it LOL.
This was taken a day after.
Basically what they did was (in the exact order):
1. Cut. I took about 6-7 inches off.
2. Highlights. Using a rat tail comb, the hair is carefully sectioned into a few small, thin pieces and then bleached. They are then wrapped in foil and left on while they colour the rest of the hair. This is probably the most laborious step out of the entire process. And by the end of it you'll look extra fabulous with all the pieces of foil sticking out of your head.
3. Colour. The rest of the hair that's not bleached is then coloured with the base colour I chose, which was a pinky brown.
4. Rinse and coloured highlights. After all the dye is being washed out, the pink is then applied to the bleached sections of the hair. I believe a special dye is used as it only adheres to the bleached hair and not the unbleached ones.
5. Rinse, touch up and blowdry.
This was definitely not cheap, but it was worth it for me because I loved it. If you've had your hair done and EVERYONE can see it (and not forgetting that few compliments you managed to fish), that's thumbs up, job well done and you've gotten your money's worth already.
The only thing I regretted was not doing a treatment. My hair was quite dry from all that bleaching. But the thought of sitting through another half to an hour scares me already. At the end of it I was starving and couldn't wait to get the hell out of that chair lol.
Now. I did my hair on the 8th of January. Here's how it looked like on 31st of January:
You can still see a few strands of pink (there's more in the insides) but almost 80% is faded already especially those that are more exposed to the sun.
To me it's a relief because that means I was able to go to work without any problems. But no more pink hair liao :(
Here's how it looks like now, just brown with highlights which I still like.
If you're thinking of highlighting your hair with colour (not blonde highlights), you need to know one thing.
Anything on bleached hair will NEVER last. Ever.
You can probably get a way with 1-2 weeks max with whatever colour you put on top of your bleached hair. After that, it will fade into your original bleached colour which is blonde (with many variations depending on hair type). And this is even if you're using colour-protective shampoo/conditioner.
Eventhough it didn't last long, I loved it while it lasted.
Now... gotta grow out this hair cos Wk insisted I have longer and darker hair for our wedding wtf. Look who's the demanding one in a wedding now, it's not even him in a dress. Groomzilla wtf.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment