Every few weeks I will have the honour of being Michelle’s lunch pal. Gets me out of the house, and I get to try new food/eat good food, while she gets a company. Win-win. We’re both self-proclaimed food snobs so I have full trust over her selections.
Yesterday’s joint was this semi new pizza place few steps down her office, Leo’s by the slice in South Yarra. Pizzas are sold by the slice ranging between $5-$8 if I remember it correctly. The vegan selections are the priciest.
You can buy the pizzas whole. They cost something astronomical like $50-80. Yes, the slices are huge. There are less than 10 flavours to choose from. This isn’t a place of variety, it’s the kind of place that does only a few things and does it really well. Our favourite kind.
My Pepperoni was $7. Good amount of cheese and pepperoni - I was very happy.
Michelle’s margherita seems to have only a blanket of cheese, I could barely see the tomato nor any basil. She liked it though.
To balance the greasy meal, we both had the salad of the day which was a concoction of either watercress or pea shoots I couldn’t tell (the green leafy stuff), farro, radish, cucumber, asparagus, some kind of dried fruit either raisin or berry, and vinaigrette.
Washed down with some iced coffee for me, Milkis for Michelle, from the Japanese convenient store around the corner.
T’was a tasty lunch.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment