Yesterday we had our first appointment at the hospital. I thought I was seeing an obstetrician but it was a midwife who met us. She explained the appointment is to gather all the information required before we see the obstetrician in about another month or so. She explained the different types of maternity care the hospital provides and will discuss which is most suited.
We were not left with much to choose from; I didn't want a shared care with my GP because well... my previous posts should explain well enough. The obstetrician care is reserved for high risk pregnancies - fair enough. Sara recommended me to go on this specific midwives care where I get to have 2 midwives on call. This option however I will most likely NOT get to have because people usually book when they're as early as 7 weeks along.
Seriously. At 7 weeks I was still doubting if I was actually pregnant or if the baby will survive the 1st trimester.
We're left with 2 options which seems rather similar so we picked one of it. Either way I trust we're in good hands.
Baby's due date has now changed AGAIN. She said the first dating ultrasound is usually more accurate. We're now back to 27 April 2019. We also got to hear baby's heartbeat through the doppler. 155bpm.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment